Search This Blog

Thursday, October 10, 2024

Edges Of The Desktop Are Cut Off On Display Fix ~~~ windows 11 Dell laptop ~~~ well it got something to do with the bizarre HDMI scaling

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8JOg_9YcSI&t=198s

an excellent You tube fix for my second monitor display size cut off problem

it is called HDMI scaling

I disconnect my Dell midday

then reconnected in the afternoon

ah .. shit...

the taskbar got cut off at the bottom on the second screen (an old Samsung syncmaster)

so annoying

its something called custom scaling ~~ HDMI

my dell happen to have the Intel Xe graphics command center installed

start the app and do the custom scaling, well things got back to where it was

 update: early in the morning when I start the laptop again, the external monitor appear shrank, so I started Intel graphics command center again, choose the external monitor, then the screen stretched out again, then I had to adjust the scaling again, what a start for the day

 update: I have to keep the Intel graphics command center up and running, so my 2nd screen will not swell and shrink between hibernations / sleeps


No comments:

Post a Comment