Search This Blog

Sunday, September 9, 2012

configure a netgear DG834v4; what a drama with the wizard

configure a netgear DG834v4

very upset yesterday, I pop in the cd for the netgear adsl2+ router DG834 , the wizard started to run, the hell begin, it wont go to the next stage without the adsl phone connected, it detected the wrong vci vpi, it detected the line is on static ip which is not, it asked me to enter the static ip which I have to enter something otherwise it wont go to the next stage, ; so I entered something random  to get to the next stage; shiiitt, eventually get to a page so I can put in proper login details, it connected to the net ok; but when I log onto the router again, I was shown the initial wizard again ...; I have to do it twice , bogged down in circle; at a loss what to do to get rid of tge wizard page.

very worried, I used another DG834 v4, this time , no CD, directly goto 192.168.0.1 deault u/p:admin/password;

oh dear, there is no wizard showing up, yeah trhe way i wanted ; the manual way

what a day ; what a life



No comments:

Post a Comment