Search This Blog

Monday, September 1, 2014

new MegaServeRaid M5110 driver caused IBM x3500 M4 windows 2012 R2 crash - Saturday install / rescue

new MegaServeRaid 5110 driver caused IBM x3500 M4 windows 2012 R2 crash - Saturday install / rescue

brand new server , 12 hours into production, then saddenly the server rebooted.

the MSM eventually displayed a message regarding the raid crash / reboot

luckily this time a quick search turned out some good results on IBM server on IBM website. (refer to my blog regarding MS updates trashed the new installation two week ago)

IBM acknowledged that the latest raid driver causes random reboot. and release a fix-driver, the version number is older than the new one.

I downloaded the fix-driver, but I could not update the new driver.

so I roll back the raid driver (to server 2012 R2 built-in),  then updated to the fix-driver.

what a long day

yeah, I still got hairs on my head

Dr Tipper barking barking barking
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I have the same issue on an X3500 M4 server.
    Do you know the driver version that caused the issue and which one fixed it?
    Cheers
    Wayne

    ReplyDelete