Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

install Office 365 office 2013 Pro Plus on windows 2012 R2 Remote Desktop server

install Office 365 office 2013 Pro Plus on windows 2012 R2 Remote Desktop server

ok, i am told by local office architect that I can do that, it is just I need run special click-to-run tools to deploy it

office 365 pro plus wont run on RDS if I do a straight forward install

need follow this

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn782858%28v=office.15%29.aspx

for whatever reason the configuration.xml not working for me , if I created it myself.

so I just edited the sample file

even if I followed all the instructions , I still this error

This copy of office cannot run on terminal server .....

some useful links

here
http://blog.powerbiz.net.au/office-365/installing-office365-proplus-on-a-rds-server-terminal-server-using-shared-computer-activation/

the link saved my work day is here

http://blogs.technet.com/b/uspartner_ts2team/archive/2014/09/10/some-more-info-on-shared-computer-activation-with-office-365-proplus.aspx

many thanks to Rod , the fix is

For anyone who installs Office 365 ProPlus on an RDS server and receives the "This copy of Microsoft Office 2013 cannot be used on a computer running Terminal Services. To use Office 2013 on a computer running Terminal Services, you must use a Volume License edition of Office” message, check HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\ClickToRun\Configuration in the registry for the string SharedComputerLicensing with a setting of 1. 

Solved my problem.

its reg_sz string 1

in my case, the string is not there and i created one



No comments:

Post a Comment