Search This Blog

Sunday, September 4, 2016

image my notebook hard drive to a replacement hard drive - HP notebook PC Probook 650 G1

image my notebook hard drive to a replacement hard drive - HP notebook PC Probook 650 G1

it turns out as a challenge,

my notebook hard drive OS upgraded from w7 to w10.

to my horror the other week, it failed to create recovery discs. it says there are bad clusters on the hard drive

it still under warranty, so i called HP, actually chatted with HP support. they sent me a replacement hard drive

now I want to copy my current disc to the target disc

I tried reflect.exe -- Macrium - free version could not do as my drive has dynamic volumes

I turned to the paid Stagecraft IT edition, I captured the image, but after I restore the image to the new drive, i got press ctrl+alt+del

the disc wont boot ....

contact StorageCraft support, I am told use the x64 RE, I did, same issue

something like BCD broken, repair failed

I checked the source drive structure again, there are heaps of partitions ,

I NOTICED there is 1 partition NTFS - 1GB -- no drive letter -- pri, active, in addition to C: D: I did previously

I imaged this over, BCD error disappeared on C:

then my w10 boots up

but I dont have to do this for w7. I have to do this system partition for w10 on my notebook

took a long







No comments:

Post a Comment