Search This Blog

Sunday, October 2, 2016

my weekend rescue series cotinues -- this time -recover my own windows 10 enterprise preview

my weekend rescue series cotinues -- this time -recover my own windows 10 enterprise preview

I am an updating freak --- I updated my w10 insider preview to the lastest version, did a reboot
still good

a few hours later , I did a shutdown , I know outlook open, some notepads open, I did the shutdown anyway

then I am trying to get a cisco dcloud url .... to my horror , my HP notebook failed to start ... blue screen of death

Recovery

Your PC / device need be repaired

the boot configuration file ....

file: \boot\bcd

error code: 0x0000034

you need revovery tools

its w10, no more F8 to enter safe mode any more

so I have to download W10 enterprise preview from MS website

burn to usb pen drive

I tried start up recovery , no luck

then I did
https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/kb/2004518

Method 2: Rebuild the BCD store by using the Bootrec.exe tool
If the previous method does not resolve the problem, you can rebuild the BCD store by using the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment.
Determine the partition where \boot\bcd file is located.
Notice that the boot\BCD file may not be on the C: partition but on a separate system partition.
(OEM's are unlikely to assign a volume letter to the system partition.)
If the Bootrec.exe tool cannot locate any missing Windows installations, you must remove the BCD store, and then you must re-create it. To do this, type the following commands in the order in which they are presented. Press ENTER after each command.
  • Bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup
  • ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
  • Bootrec /rebuildbcd
that saved my weekend

btw: I tried a BCD repair tool, not wroking either

probably due to HP original hard drive put the bcd atcitve partition on the 1GB system partition, i,e diferent from the windows partition



No comments:

Post a Comment