Search This Blog

Friday, July 12, 2019

clone a faulty hard drive to a smaller hard drive --- w8.1 -- clonezilla --- macrium reflect -- minitools -- partition wizard

clone a faulty hard drive to a smaller hard drive --- w8.1 -- clonezilla --- macrium reflect -- minitools -- partition wizard

now my w8.1 running on a faulty hard disk with bad clusters

its a 500GB disc

I have an old 320 GB disc to use

500GB --- 320 GB

I tried with marium reflect free edition ... it wont do that coz bad sectors and mft errors

I offload data to a usb disc

tried to shrink the partition to be less that 320GB, but it wont let me , it only allow me shrink 104GB for whatever reason

loaded minitools  --- partition wizard ....

resize the partition to 150GB , the disk has two partitions 1 reserved, 1 normal C:

I used clonezilla before, and I wanted to use it again

I have to recreate an partition for C: on the 320 GB drive

then boot the PC with clonezilla usb disc

choose partition to partition mode

tick rescue

it cloned the disk with bad clusters , it took 2.5 hours for about 145GB data

then reboot ,, it booted to light blue screen 0x000xxx error

press enter or F8 .... showing winload.exe missing .... I think I know what that is ....

boot the PC with M-PE disc, repair windows boot problems ....

restart again, it booted to normal mode....




















No comments:

Post a Comment