Search This Blog

Saturday, March 13, 2021

bought a second hand iphone 8 to replace the iphone5s ... itunes can still do it....

 my iphone5s 's battery is not good, one phone call , I see red


bought  a bare iphone 8


use itunes to do the transfer, the iphone 5s firmware 12.x.x , the iphone 8 firmware v 14.4.x

yes, i can still do that

the problem is that my computer's itunes is corrupted, the W10 wont see the iphone 8, in device manager it is showing unknown

I tried a repair install, no good, and it refused to upgrade either

I downloaded a new version from MS store, the new version un-installed the old ver

and works happily ever since

it was not straight forward process due to the iphone 8 used to be owned by a big international company, they won't remove their management software (ms intune) until I paid, hence unlock it . how fair that is 

the reason I choose this particular iphone 8 is because the battery health is at 94%



No comments:

Post a Comment