Search This Blog

Friday, April 2, 2021

recover kali linux password ; my kali linux box not being powered on for sometime, I wrote the password on a piece of paper , needless to say, I could not find it

 recover kali linux password ; my kali linux box not being powered on for sometime, I wrote the password on a piece of paper , needless to say, I could not find it

not so hard

  • First boot Kali Linux GRUB menu.
  • Now in GRUB menu, select "Kali GNU/Linux" and press "e".
  • Then in the next screen find a line starting with "linux".
  • There replace "ro" with "rw" and replace "quiet" with "init=/bin/bash".
  • press F10
  • Now type command mount in the shell.
  • cat /bin/passwd  ; to find my username
  • And then type command passwd user_name to reset password.
  • Now reboot with exec /sbin/init.


https://superuser.com/questions/1574642/just-installed-kali-linux-forgot-username-i-entered-in-installation



No comments:

Post a Comment