Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Google CN vs. Chinese rulers .... BING

Its quite a shock when I heard google's planning to leave China.
Now two week has passed. the storm is already gone or still gathering.

I would agree that the western world lead by US would be more vocal on China's dark side. As US is pulling out of Iraq so they have more energy to do so, with only the Afghan war to win or lose.

Google's 30% Chinese search market share is not bad. Baidu has 60%.

It would be hard for Google to over take Baidu as Baidu is a promoted local in China.

I dont use Baidu as I am out of China. I do rely on Google in order to complete my daily work.

If Google is ever to leave China, that will make Chinese authorities look bad. If cn-authorities feel they are threatened, they dont care about all those, but ......

As for BING, I hardly use it (sorry microsoft). I wonder MS setup a cert path to verify someone is a BING professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment