Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

dlink dap 1150 as a repeater for linksysWRT54G2)

check the latest firmware and documentation from dlink website.

get my notebook working with the repeater.

problems encountered:
the nb keeps connecting to the old one, restart nb, disable/enable nic seemed to be able to switch to the new one.  there is special instruction in the repeater manual on how to force it to the new one. in short it needs 3rd party in the notebook to handle it. I wonder what will happen when I install a wireless printer upstairs.

at times, my nb seems connect to the new one stably, but initially not getting an ip address. I can manually specify an ip address, then boom, its all fine. next bootup it will get one ip from the dhcp server.

now, I need get the customer's notebook working with the new repeater.

No comments:

Post a Comment