Search This Blog

Saturday, January 19, 2013

MoneyWorks datacentre upgrade and migration

MoneyWorks datacentre upgrade and migration

I got the admin guide which I have no clue where I start....

the client prints out for me ,,,, yeah they are a printing shop anyway...

luckily I got hold of a comment by their support , not their 0900 line though the toll bar is in place

to move a v5 database to another server and upgrade to v6 in the mean time is actually easy....

copy v5 database files / structure over to the new server,

install downloaded v6 install file, in the configuration console, change folder options where the active data is

then enter new server / client serial numbers ...

then you will be reminded to upgrade to v6, do that...

on the client PC, point to the new server IP, you will be prompted to upgrade, do that, and all done ...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment