Search This Blog

Sunday, June 9, 2013

disable " a program open outlook " security alert on terminal server 2012

disable " a program open outlook " security alert on remote desktop server 2012

when a 3rd party program trying to open outlook, you will get a prompt like " a program open outlook" security risk.

to disable that, you need office adm / admx / adml pack which normally downloadable from Microsoft.

for server 2012, you may not import those adm packs, ironically you extract those adm and copy the admx/l to windows policydefinitions folder or copy to a central store

I don't really want to risk the central store options now. so I copied those locally on the RDS 2012 server, and yeah I uses gpedit.msc to tweak 3 reg values to 2

its like simplesendprompt , something like that


in these case, I downloaded office 2013 group policy template , 32 bit as I installed 32 bit office as recommended by MS
 

No comments:

Post a Comment