Search This Blog

Friday, May 1, 2015

connection lost to Windows Azure VM , set DNS in the network portion in the portal , get pass the NLA thing

I lost a connection to my RDS VM, its a shock, as it was working yesterday (ie I can logon locally). I tried downsizing , not working still asking for the NLA which I dont think I ever set. eventually set the dns in the network via Azure Portal  to the DC solved the issue. I kind of know I have to set my test DC and RDS to reserved IPs, unfortunately this happened before I tried to make changes. another rough learning day for me about Windows Azure

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sql-bi-sap-cloud-crm_all_in_one_place/archive/2014/07/06/windows-azure-vm-error-the-remote-computer-that-you-are-trying-to-connect-to-requires-network-level-authentication-nla.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage


quote

Solution:
For Azure VMs, when you increase the size of the VM (adding CPU and Memory), the network configuration is reset. This means that if you have a static DNS defined inside the VM, it would be set to DHCP assigned which is the public DNS in Azure.
Use local admin account to log on to the virtual machine and set the DNS to point to your DC. Alternatively, assign the IP address of the DC/DNS under DNS servers of virtual network.

No comments:

Post a Comment