Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

windows 8.1 windows update issues .... updates never finish ... keeps rolling back

so this old notebook running windows 8.1 got 119 updates to install

I triggered the install, but every time it failed

I tried to do it one by one , but it will do the whole lot anyway

now Microsoft got a windows update trouble shooter

https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors

run the windows update

Run the Windows Update troubleshooter


it fixed a few reg entries

it helped

it still fails if I do the whole lot

but I can do one update one by one, or 10 each time

sometimes ok, sometimes rolling back

I kept running the 

the Windows Update troubleshooter


now the updates to be installed down to 53

what a night




No comments:

Post a Comment