Search This Blog

Friday, July 12, 2024

my first blog after my purchase of the new Dell Latitude 5330 yesterday, opening the box experience , fake DOA

 its was on special at the local electronics store

anyway, I spent money , bought it as I planned to travel around

its w11 pro, 16gb ram, 512 ssd

13"3 inch ( well I like 14 ", but they only give me 3 dollar discount on that one)

there is no traditional NIC, only wifi6. 

I guess I will get a usb-2-nic adapter at some stage

the power pack interface is USB-C

I had a shock that the notebook power led at front was not on after initial plugging in

read the f***k*** manual, looks like the side marked with Y, need be facing upwards

and I need plug all the way IN

then the power LED is up.

oh my gosh, I just avoid a DOA, blush , blush

btw, this notebook screen is touch-enabled. I do not fancy that, it may consume more power I suppose

I planned to image over my current w10 enterprise, then keep updating, but I dropped that idea as my old w10 is legacy boot, there could be lots of hassle to fix, I do not want to do that now

that also means I need retrieve my various passwords manually

some passwords can be brought over via browser's password manager

I joined the w10 pro OEM to my (developer )Azure  

at the very start, I was offered personal join like a Microsoft hotmail account, can also do traditional domain join





No comments:

Post a Comment