Search This Blog

Sunday, August 4, 2024

migrate Unifi controller from one PC to my new Dell ~ the touch-enabled laptop ; from version 7.x.x. to the latest version 8.3.2


I followed instructions per link below

https://www.unihosted.com/blog/how-to-migrate-your-unifi-controller-to-a-new-computer


basically

backup the old Unifi controller, and download the backup


then on the new PC , install the latest Unifi network app, and click on the option to restore from backup

it is that easy

however, the Unifi controller webpage stuck at

 Backup restoration is in progress. Your Network application will reboot during this process.


eventually , I clicked on Refresh on the web browser, then I see the login page

I punched in the original username / password, then I can see the network devices

so this is it for now



No comments:

Post a Comment