Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2012

what a day : two thing happened today ,,,, what in a day's work drama stressful drama

" Naming information cannot be located for the following reason: The server is not operational
If you are typing to connect to a domain controller running windows 2000, verify that windows 2000 SP3
or later is installed on the DC, or use the windows 2000 administration tools. For more information about
connecting to DCs running windows 2000, see help and support "

I just setup a brand new windows 2008 R2 on a brand new Intel board based server.  It went well for a few day, I add AD DS and dcpromo, this is supposed to be a customer's new server .

3 hours before delivery, I got above error. there are two Nics on the mainboard. 

NIC1 is active and configured .

It was all good until I configured NAP after install AD. I got some VNC disconnects, I thought just some routing change after NAP-RAS,

until this morning , I found how serious this problem is ... I cannot do dsa.msc and dssite.msc ...

shiiiiitt... it cannot find the global catalogure

then configured the 2nd NIC, get the whole thing working on the second NIC.

shark.... I stiill can't the thing working at the first NIC, called the vendor, upgrade the NIC driver. still no luck.... the first NIC will work for 1 minutes , then ping will fail with general failure. dcdiag will show cannot ping the ip addresses listed in DNS.

I removed the NAP, still the same problem

the TMR is not impressed, he wanted to bring it back to the hardware vendor to double check, or get them to pre-load

the BDM is not impressed either, he wanted a report on this.

in despair , I set both NIC to dhcp client, initially , the first NIC is not behave properly. then after 1 or 2 reboot, saddenly everthing is alright.

sigh,,,,,  then I set static ip on the first NIC, it just wont fail this time

oh, dear .... the TMR will take this back to the h/w vendor




No comments:

Post a Comment