Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2012

imaging using shadow protect IT key ... continued

.... continue my work imaging w-xp over to the new asustek mb based PC

now I am using the SP IT key

started it up, choose W2008 R2 recovery


then click HIR config
it will scan the current installation,
then it will ask for drivers like msahci
I pop the driver cd in the CDROM
browse to the exact driver location ( have to do it again, the first time is too generic, it says it installed , but not)
thanks god
w-xp eventually started ,,, oh dear ... the next screen is windows xp activation.
MS acyivation team is not sympathetic thses days
anyway I activated the XP image
oh dear , what a mission....
as of now, if i use IT key to create an image, I have to use IT key to restore it


another weird thing is Intel AMT, the default password is admin, I have to choose a complicated password

No comments:

Post a Comment