Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

shadowProtect backup and restore license problem

eventually I encountered this problem .... I can't restore because the IT edition license is not with me

I seemed to remember I can download a time-limited IT edition ISO, but I don't have a blank CD with me

pretty angry day ....

I am supposed to install a new PC for a guy

but he wanted his current XP PC being imaged over...

they got another guy did a similar thing on another new PC which I fixed the XP license issue (another blog topic)

I have the IT Ed. CD with me so I used it to create the image , the speed is about 26Mb/s ~ 30Mb/s, for more than 100 GB C: drive , it is still a long time, the IT cd will ask for license server for both back and restore; ah...... ; I managed to connect this source PC back to my office PC which the shadow protect IT key license server running ,

I got the source PC's imaged,

now trying to restore to a new PC which has an ASUS MB, I called the PC supplier, they confirmed this MB will run w-xp pro.

I tried IT ed cd v. 4.1.2 , it can boot but can't see the onboard NIC,

tried SP RE 4.1.5 , eventually used this cd to restore , it didn't complain initially, but after 60 miniutes of restoring, there is a message "HIR ... unknown volume"

upon starting the new PC, I see the blue screen ...

start the new PC with the IT cd and RE CD, the it cd asking for license (it is a licensed image, dispointing, ) the RE CD reported that the image key is missing, ah........... I used the IT ed created the image properly

very upset , just because I don't have the IT ED USb key with me


 

No comments:

Post a Comment