Search This Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2012

use GParted to resize a windows 7 partition, boot partition C:

use GParted to resize a windows 7 partition

my notebook an ancient amd turion x64, running w7 x64, the C: drive size is 49GB, running out of space, I need 10GB from the D: drive (99GB with 16GB free).

so I downloaded the free gparted iso, burn the cd, boot my notebook with the gparted cd

and shrink the D: drive, and move the partition to the right, and extend the C: drive

alas, it took about 3 hours to make all the changes...

and what is is more , in a rush to re-size the partition, I didn't do the RTFM, oh,.. dear, apparently blue screen may happen doing this way according to Gparted website doc.

if that happens, I have to ge a w7 x64 repair disc

luckiy for me, blue screen does not show up for me.

it works on the first boot after resizing

No comments:

Post a Comment