Search This Blog

Sunday, December 30, 2012

EATON UPS installation on windows 2008 R2 and SBS 2011 - what a shocking bizare experience

EATON UPS installation on windows 2008 R2 and SBS 2011 - what a shocking bizare experience

I finally reproduced the problem and my Taiwanese English got better

I had this problem back in October on a Dell server. after wasting a few days trying to figure out, Dell suggested we re-install the server from scratch. But 3rd party software vendors already spent more than 100 hours on it. Yes, Dell is correct in saying their hardware is alright.

this month, I am a on project installing a SBS 2011 for  a customer. this server is based on a supermicro mainboard.

 again , after loading the Eaton UPS software on the new server, upon restarting, I saw the dreaded message again " your computer need a restart to apply the changes" .

oh dear, this time I am almost sure its UPS software since its the last thing I installed. this time, no windows updates involved.

UPS software did prompt me to install an update, I ignored initially. now I installed it.

after another restart, another bizzare problem pop up, the UPS software can't see the UPS, oh dear I figured this out by clicking set ups on one of the tabs or something rather....

I wonder what happened to APC ... , I have to struggle with Eaton.... well ... I am not the decision maker......

I feel relieved that I finally have the answer for this problem " Your Computer need a reboot ..." before the New Years' EVE....
\

yeah , life will go on with or without a UPS


 

No comments:

Post a Comment