Search This Blog

Sunday, December 16, 2012

restore windows 2003 server images to windows 2012 hyper-v

windows 2012 hyper-v enabled

use shadowprotect RE 4.1.5 ( OZ support suggested this version) to boot

in the process, the hyper-v got 768MB with 1 CPU, I increased those afterwards.

then restore to a hyper-v machine,

it takes about 2~3 minutes per GB over a network mapped share, so an 18GB C: partition took about 40 minutes

I wonder this got something to do with too many incrementals.

after some restart, I got error mouse not captured in remote desktop session, ....

the issue is I didn't install the integration components properly, that ended up with some yellow dots in device manager.

if auto disabled, I need run the setup file rather run some msi directly

legacy network card can be handy at times
 

No comments:

Post a Comment