Search This Blog

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Friday horror story - update BIOS for a HP pro 3000 SFF PC

Friday horror story - update BIOS for a HP pro 3000 SFF PC

I like to update BIOS, because it is thrilling

this time, it become horric

the current bios version is v1.10

the one was on the PC v1.06

after the bios upgrade , a restart ensued,

my hair stood up as I watched the PC restarted it itself in a circle . it was showing start windows (w7 w/sp1), then restart. after disabling auto-restart, I can see it got a blue screen of 0x00000007b (xxx...)

well, a mass storage error?

I am at my wits end, I accessed the PC bios, in SATA mode change IDE to AHCI

start the PC again, after a short pause , windows 7 is all good .

oh dear , the last time I had a bios upgrade failure was more than a decade ago, when a floppy drive stopped working... in the middle of updating process

 

No comments:

Post a Comment