Search This Blog

Sunday, September 20, 2015

provision a new Cisco Aironet 1700 -- as standalone AP

provision a new Cisco Aironet 1700

brand new, telnet / ssh is not working for me

username/password: Cisco / Cisco

eventually used my old cisco console cable -- then roll over cable , this cable is a fit for the new part code listed in the aironet 1700 manual.

luckily my HP probook 650 still has a serial port,

download a 30 day trial version of hyperterminal on w10,

connect on COM1

in the console

type en

type enable password Cisco

capwap ap autonomous

then confirm yes

Cisco 1700 has both lightweight and autonomous loaded initially, change to autonomous will wipe the other

be default , it works as lightweight as it looks for a wireless controller. But I want to configure it in a standalone environment.

then the device will reboot

in dhcp server , identify the device IP, I found out in my s2008 dhcp, it is slow to refresh, then I went home to have dinner, then looked at it again, it showed up not the same ip it used to have.

I can then browse to the web interface, no username, password Cisco

phew ... time to do some CWNA


 

No comments:

Post a Comment