Search This Blog

Saturday, September 5, 2015

upgrade my home notebook to windows 10 from windows 8.1

upgrade my home notebook to windows 10 from windows 8.1

its a small HP notebook,

the w10 pop up notification told me that they are working with their partners to tell me what's the best time for upgrade.

waht a sham, after some resaerch, a reg key is needed to bypass that.

also there is a MS link to download upgrade files,

i clicked the link, the upgrade start,

it was late at night, I let it run over night

it is a success.

before upgrade I removed bit defender,

after w10 installed, it used windows defender,

I also downlaoded and installed malwarebytee anti-exploit and MS  EMET

there was a warning before upgrade about the autologon may not working, it actually still working

overall, it is a good experience apart from the thing that I have to manually trigger it

not a thing for ordinary user

1 comment:

  1. I have used AVG protection for a few years, and I'd recommend this solution to you all.

    ReplyDelete