Search This Blog

Monday, September 7, 2015

where is my disk space? --- an Amazon cache drive -- free space disappearing -- its in system info

where is my disk space? --- an Amazon cache drive -- free space disappearing

- well , its an iscsi drive - cache

- its slow , especially run near capacity, the speed is the internet outgoing speed.

the problem I had is that the data is 400GB out of 1 TB, where is the other 600GB, I contacted the vendor 2 times, received no reply.

for a different reason, this drive is replaced by another iscsi drive which kind of a local disk

another guy used treesize, he found 600 GB in sysvol as he said.

blush ... blush ... blush.... I thought there was a bug...

it wasn't .... the hidden files are in system information folder, its a system folder, I manually  add myself to it, then I saw 600B files, even if I turned off -- de-duplication on the server.

there are lots of other files in that folder ...

like shadow copies ?....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment