Search This Blog

Friday, December 11, 2009

sharepoint wws 3.0, w2003 R2, sql 2005 non-domain installation, Xen Server 5.0, XenCenter 5.5

Given a task to create a stand-alone sharepoint server.

use a W2k3 template in Xen Server 5.0, its a shadow protect image. it all went well.

a glitch happened when I tried to restart the the VM. in XenCenter It shows its still running. I can't shutdown. I even tried the command-line xe. still no luck.

after some google search, the answer is to close XenCenter, then open it again. so amazing.

now install WSS3.0 in non-domain mode, I will say not stand-alone mode. the windows server is in workgroup mode. I can choose web-frontend, then specify sql server. at the end of this, run configuration wizard, create first WSS web site.

yet to update the SQL 2005 to SP2.

1 comment:

  1. what about other ways of import .sql files into sql server, you may take a closer look at this application, for example

    ReplyDelete