Search This Blog

Sunday, December 15, 2013

hyper-v wont start , IBM x3550 , excution disable bit - disabled

hyper-v wont start , IBM x3550 , excution disable bit - disabled ....

now you think hyper-v is gaining ground against VMware, wrong. in my case, hyper-v is replacing their strategic partner Xen.

Xen 5.0.3 used to be installed on the IBM x3550.

now I installed windows server 2012 R2 as hyper-v host.

I created two virtual machine, and try to install VMs as a project to do exchange 2013 hosting. To my surprise, the hyper-v won't start.

frantic goofle search....

1/ VT bit enabled in the bios -- yes
2/ DEP enabled in the bios - in this IBM server , its called execution disable bit, its disabled -- change it to Enable

now I can get to the next step with hyper-v , exchange 2013 multi-tenant hosting

 

No comments:

Post a Comment