Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80 is already being used by another IIS Web Site. Choose a different root directory for your new Web application

I deleted WSS 3.0 default website on a standalone server. But when I tried to re-create one, I got error
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80 is already being used by another IIS Web Site. Choose a different root directory for your new Web application....

I tried serveral thing, looked silly.

The answer is that I just need to re-create the site-collection.

anyway I remove the web application, then re-create the web application, well... the web site still blank..., need create the first site-collection...

I suppose I will never forget this....
web application --- site collection ---- sites

1 comment:

  1. you can open any search engine and get to know more about the way of access database repair tools, provided by some applications

    ReplyDelete