Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

you dont have permission to open this PST file

Graig the great, finally decided after 9 years of playing with windows 2000, that he needs a windows 7 computer.

I feel good to sell him a lenovo PC with some discount.

removed oem verision of o2k7, installed o2k7 small biz retail which is on special, same price as the basic version.

Craig has a peer-2-peer network in his office, so I copied his profile to another PC, then copied his data back to new PC.

No, windows 7 cardspace can't open windows 2000 cardspace files...or is it? somehow got around this problem..

the biggest problem is can't open PST files from outlook 2000(2002?). I kept getting error like "no permission ..."  even if i granted the user full control.... never seen this kind of problem before...

install o2k7 sp2, then make a copy of the outlook2000 pst file like craigpst-copy, then outlook 2007 can open this file-copy now.

then the local LF2000 need a dongle to run.... the local law society techie Jenny just disappeared after my first phone call....

the last thing, is his dictation phone software is nowhere to be downloaded... olympus .... transcribe/DSS player.... the original supplier just disappeared... he is Not happy...

1 comment:

  1. Today I woke up and received new emails. But I was disappeared,because some of my new emails was unreadable. I didn't know what to do next and I called up my friend-programmer. I toke my friend's advice and used - open pst file without outlook. It was a perfectly decision,because this tool helped me for seconds and without payment as far as I remember. Moreover some of my friends were glad this software.

    ReplyDelete