Search This Blog

Sunday, November 4, 2012

now .... this is my weekend project ....... clone a 80 Hdd to 300Hdd , running windows 8 preview and using Macrium Reflect

now .... this is my weekend project ....... clone a 80 Hdd to 300Hdd , running windows 8 preview and using Macrium Reflect.....

clone a windows 8 disk

or image it to another hard drive

well .... as you know I tried to use the storagecraft shadow protect IT key, but they don't support w8 or server 2012. yeah ... their policy is support those new OS after 3 months

phew ......... its time to find another one and better still a free one

Macrium Reflect v5 is free for personal use ...

I download it, install it in my windows 8 preview

I created the w8 drive image to an external usb drive, 60 GB took about 37 minutes, not bad

then create a rescue disc ... this involves downloading windows waik kit (1.6GB), and customized it...

don't worry, Macrium Reflect handled all this for you....

the rescue disc is only 200MB

ok, ... now I put the 300GB drive in the notebook, start the notebook from CD, restore the image to the 300GB hard drive, this took about 60 minutes.... again not bad....

the fist boot worked straight away ...

I am so impressed by Macrium Reflect

no hassels at all in the process ........

Macrium Reflect

http://www.macrium.com/default.aspx



 

No comments:

Post a Comment